Saturday, February 10, 2007

Crazy!!!

Today I was sitting upstairs playing with the kids when the phone rang. I picked it up and checked the caller id, it said that it was M&M meat shops. I immediately thought that they were calling to try to sell me something so I started to put the phone down to ignore it but decided to answer it anyways. Here's how the conversation went...
"Hello"
"Hi is Abbey there?"
"This is Abbey"
"Hi Abbey this is _______ from M&M meats. I'm calling about the promotion that we were having...
(My immediate thought is.."if you were having it why are you calling me now?")
Every time an m&m max card was swiped in the store the persons name was entered into a draw for a kitchen set. You are our winner."
"What??? Are you serious!?"
*some laughter came over the phone at this point
"Yes I am. The kitchen set includes an indoor grill, a toaster, a blender and a food processor. When ever you get the chance if you'd pop in to get them they'll be here for you."
"This is crazy! I never win anything. You know what, I have a minute right now. So I'll be by shortly."
"O.k. we'll see you in a few minutes."
"Bye"

What in the world! I never win anything. BUT sure enough, my name gets entered into a draw that I had no idea was even happening and I win. Crazy. The stuff that I won is REALLY nice. It's all black and stainless steel...it fits in with all my other kitchen appliances perfectly.
Well, that was the major excitement for today. I'm still in shock!!!

3 comments:

Alison said...

Gotta love free stuff!!! I like black and stainless steel too. I am starting to collect stuff in that style. Those glasses look awesome! You look more like Jen in them. Brielle is a rocking photographer!! I'm glad you're having such a great day.

Brad and Samantha said...

That is awesome Abbey, I never win anything either, actually one time i found a big chunk of money in the LAX airport. It was sooo exciting! :) Have a good day...

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you!!! How fun!