Friday, February 16, 2007

An Eventful Morning I Could Do Without!!

This morning started out wonderful. I woke up to the smell of fresh bread. Made in my new breadmaker that was bought entirely with Canadian tire money. I'm quite excited about it. It has 9 different bread/dough settings and a preservative setting, it also has a delay setting (which is what I used last night) so you can fill it up before you go to bed and have fresh bread the next morning. Also it makes 2lb-3lb horizontal loaves of bread. Excellent.
Anyways, as I was sitting downstairs finishing up my breakfast and doing my devotions, Brielle yells down the stairs..."Mommy, Micah unrolled the roll of toilet paper into the toilet". And so my morning begins. As I'm in the bathroom talking to Micah about what just happened the phone rings. It's Jonathan...he needs me to look up a few phone numbers for him. So I head downstairs to the computer desk. As I'm giving Jon the phone numbers that he needs I hear the toilet flush and Brielle comes running down stairs with this terrified look on her face. "What happened" I ask her as I run past her up the stairs, not finding the big mess I was expecting...but an empty bottle of Infants Motrin sitting on the counter. My heart stops beating for a second as I ask Brielle to come upstairs. "What is this?" I asked her showing her the empty bottle. She just stared at me with her eye's wide like a deer in headlights. "Brielle, it's really important that you tell me what you did. I need to know if you drank all of this" I asked her starting to feel a little bit panicked at her silence. "Well I just didn't want to tell you" she responded. "I did drink it" she finally fessed up. My heart starts to pound outside of my chest at this point. "Don't Move!" I say to her as I run downstairs to get the phone and call my sister (who's an RN). "Jen, what do I do Brielle just drank at least half a bottle of infants motrin?" After telling her all the details (how much approx., etc.) my sister proceeds to tell me that it should be o.k. but just in case I should call Poison Control. I phone Poison Control and they tell me that according to Brielle's age and weight and the amount that she most likely drank, she'll be fine. She's under the poison amount. *PHEW* They tell me that she'll probably just have a stomach ache and that I should get her drink milk for it. Other than that, she's fine.
What an episode. I had a little chat with Brielle after that, and I think it's pretty safe to say that she won't be doing that again.

2 comments:

Heather said...

What a morning! You Moms have the hardest job out there!

Anonymous said...

Wow - that is a pretty crazt morning - I think I'll just call you and listen to mom stories if I ever feel like I'm ready to have kids.... I couldn't cope! Haha