Yesterday evening Jon surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of lilies (my favorite flower) and a bunch of chocolate. He said that it was Secretary's Day and that him and Adam wanted to show me that they appreciated me. I do all the running around for their framing companies (picking up cheques, dropping off invoices, calling around, etc.), he told me that Adam was going to be bringing by my "real" gift. 2 minutes later, Adam's at the door. He hands me a small package which has not one but two gift certificates in it for a Manicure, Pedicure and 1 hour massage. They thought I'd enjoy that but didn't want me to have to go alone. Isn't that wonderful. I'm so excited. I can't believe this. Usually I'm the one reminding them a few times a day about stuff like birthday's and holiday's (not joking, Jon would miss Christmas, Easter, etc. if I didn't tell him often leading up to the day). They surprised me with this one. I had no idea that it was Secretary's Day, nor would I have thought anything about it if I had known. Well, it worked...I feel very loved and appreciated. A simple thank-you would have been enough, but I have to admit, this is so much better. :)
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Yesterday....Secretary's Day
Yesterday evening Jon surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of lilies (my favorite flower) and a bunch of chocolate. He said that it was Secretary's Day and that him and Adam wanted to show me that they appreciated me. I do all the running around for their framing companies (picking up cheques, dropping off invoices, calling around, etc.), he told me that Adam was going to be bringing by my "real" gift. 2 minutes later, Adam's at the door. He hands me a small package which has not one but two gift certificates in it for a Manicure, Pedicure and 1 hour massage. They thought I'd enjoy that but didn't want me to have to go alone. Isn't that wonderful. I'm so excited. I can't believe this. Usually I'm the one reminding them a few times a day about stuff like birthday's and holiday's (not joking, Jon would miss Christmas, Easter, etc. if I didn't tell him often leading up to the day). They surprised me with this one. I had no idea that it was Secretary's Day, nor would I have thought anything about it if I had known. Well, it worked...I feel very loved and appreciated. A simple thank-you would have been enough, but I have to admit, this is so much better. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's so awesome Abbey! Doesn't it feel great to feel appretiated, especially when you didn't have to remind them! I'm impressed! Ty brought me flowers last night out of the blue....I love it when he does things like that.
I know. It doesn't happen really often (which is why it's so special), but every once in awhile Jon'll bring me flowers. I absolutely love it. Especially when he remembers that lilies are my favorite.
Post a Comment