Saturday, July 08, 2006

We're Back!!!















We got back Late Monday night from a wonderful week at Shuswap Lake, B.C. I don't think there was a day cooler than +35. It was stinking hot and we loved every minute of it! We got to Shuswap Late Tuesday night, parked in our site with my Mom and Dad's motor home and boat and went right to sleep. Wednesday morning was a beautiful start to our holiday. We lazed around pretty much all day, I think the only thing we actually accomplished was getting the boat into the water. The guys loaded the boat into the water and Iris and I took the kids for a walk to the store and the beach. After supper we joined the guys on the boat for a quick boat ride...I do mean quick. We almost ran out of gas. The boat suddenly sputtered to a stop on us, so we went to hook up the other tank which felt awfully light. I think we got back to the shore on fumes. Anyways, asides from that little adventure everything else went pretty smoothly.
Our week was full of boating, water-skiing, tubing, suntanning, swimming, seadooing (2 days in a row 4-6 hours ea.), walking, rollerblading, water fights, mini-golf, and I'm sure much more. We had an absolute blast.
The mosquito's ate poor Micah alive the first day that we were there, and on top of that he was teething. He had a rough few days to start his week off. By the long weekend Micah was back to his happy self and we were all able to relax a little more and enjoy our time off. After that first day it was WAY to hot for the mosquito's so we didn't see much of them until late evening. Which I'm sure contributed to Micah's good mood.
We had a great time and got to enjoy some fireworks while sitting on the beach for Canada Day.
I hope you all had a great long weekend as well.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Abbey. I know I don't comment nearly as often as I think about you but I wanted to today. I am so happy you had a wonderful vacation. BC is the best!! You have an absolutely beautiful family. It makes me really look forward to starting my family. Brielle is adorable in the inner tube. I hope the rest of your summer is as great. Later.

Stephanie said...

Micah looks soo cute in the tub! Is that where he slept the whole time? Too cute. I can't wait to see you guys...only a few more days! So excited! See you guys soon!

Yummy Mommy said...

Glad to see you've posted a new blog! I love the picture of Brielle lounging in the tube. She is such a mini- teenager these days. Your holiday looked very fun. Don't you wish it lasted longer. Vacation always flies by and before you know it you are back home doing dishes or trying to get the sticky spot off the kitchen floor! Oh well. The break is still awesome. Can't wait until Friday... burgers in Waterton, then off to Montana!

Kelly said...

glad to have you home. can't wait for our next adventure. Montana hear we come.

Heather said...

Sounds like you had an amazing time at the beach! Gotta love holidays in the Shuswap!

A Place of springs said...

Hey Abbey, Glad you found our blog! Neat to hear from you and to take a look at your own blog. I herd about your marriage and 1st little one through Tracey Ciro. I think the relation is through her moms husband. I don't know if you read but we have just moved to Edonton 8 weeks ago, so we are pretty close to eachother. I'd love to get in contact if we head down to Calgary sometime. Bettina-Lee

Brad and Samantha said...

Hey Abbey,
It was good to hear from you, i just have to tell you that your kids are sooo adorable. I love their blonde hair. It's crazy to think that all of us room 5 girls are married and have family's!Capes didn't seem that long ago hey. It's kinda neat as you Roch and i all met and married guys from school! Well hope thing with you and Jon and the kids are going well! How many kids would you like?
Love,
Sam:)