Sunday at church we decided to find another couple at the church that would like to join us climbing in Canmore. Aaron and Paulette said that they'd love to come with us, so did Jon's brother Adam, and my sister Kelly. We were in Canmore and climbing by about 3pm, and had a GREAT time. By about 5:30 Kelly and I started the trek down the mountain (everyone else finished their climbing and headed back up the mountain to the vehicles). We met in the parking lot at the bottom of the mountain. As we started to head home we came upon a line up of vehicles stopped on the highway by a Forest Ranger. Adam went to find out what was going on...it turned out that there was a Grizzly Bear wandering though Canmore and they were trying to get it back into the mountains away from town. We had to sit and wait for them to get the Grizzly to cross the highway. Unfortunately we didn't get to see the bear. It crossed the highway just out of our view, it tried to head up in our direction but the Rangers shot something like a flare at it to scare it the other way. Quite the excitement. Brielle (yes, she was with us) couldn't stop talking about it all the way home. She kept saying "If that bear comes back, I'll scare it away. I'll roar like a lion, and it'll run away". Somehow, I don't think that would really be the case. For those of you that don't know Brielle very well...she screams like she's dying at the sight of a house fly. She's not really as bad anymore, but I don't really think she'd have the courage to roar at a giant bear. Anyways, we had a lot of fun climbing. The picture above was taken in the climbing area in Canmore but it's from a few years ago. I brightly forgot to bring my camera along this time...so unfortunately there aren't any recent pictures for me to post. However, we're going to get B a full body childrens harness and head out again soon. I'll certainly remember my camera for that. So keep checking for pictures to come.
Monday, September 11, 2006
Weekend Fun!
Sunday at church we decided to find another couple at the church that would like to join us climbing in Canmore. Aaron and Paulette said that they'd love to come with us, so did Jon's brother Adam, and my sister Kelly. We were in Canmore and climbing by about 3pm, and had a GREAT time. By about 5:30 Kelly and I started the trek down the mountain (everyone else finished their climbing and headed back up the mountain to the vehicles). We met in the parking lot at the bottom of the mountain. As we started to head home we came upon a line up of vehicles stopped on the highway by a Forest Ranger. Adam went to find out what was going on...it turned out that there was a Grizzly Bear wandering though Canmore and they were trying to get it back into the mountains away from town. We had to sit and wait for them to get the Grizzly to cross the highway. Unfortunately we didn't get to see the bear. It crossed the highway just out of our view, it tried to head up in our direction but the Rangers shot something like a flare at it to scare it the other way. Quite the excitement. Brielle (yes, she was with us) couldn't stop talking about it all the way home. She kept saying "If that bear comes back, I'll scare it away. I'll roar like a lion, and it'll run away". Somehow, I don't think that would really be the case. For those of you that don't know Brielle very well...she screams like she's dying at the sight of a house fly. She's not really as bad anymore, but I don't really think she'd have the courage to roar at a giant bear. Anyways, we had a lot of fun climbing. The picture above was taken in the climbing area in Canmore but it's from a few years ago. I brightly forgot to bring my camera along this time...so unfortunately there aren't any recent pictures for me to post. However, we're going to get B a full body childrens harness and head out again soon. I'll certainly remember my camera for that. So keep checking for pictures to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Ya, Sunday was sweet...clinging for dear life to the side of a mountain...almost geting mauled by a grizzly bear...okay I'm stretching the truth, but wasn't it an adventure.
What a beautiful picture! Is that Jon climbing? What a view! God is sure smart to have made the outdoors so inviting!
Yes, that is a picture of Jon. He's repelling. Believe it or not, I was standing on the ground when I took that picture. The ground is at such a slant there that it looks like I'm climbing beside him or something. I agree...the view is beautiful there. It's a really nice walk down from the climbing area as well. You walk past a few water falls and through a lot of little streams, also you get to walk down these crazy stone stairs. Kelly said that they're just like the ones in the castles in Scotland.
Post a Comment