
Yesterday was Jonathan's 24th birthday. I kinda spoiled him rotten this year and I LOVED doing it! A good month ago we were walking through the mall and saw that Boutique of Leathers was having a 50% off sale on everything in their store. We were looking around and I made Jon try on a few jackets. I ended up getting him a really nice brown leather jacket. He thought that that was all I was going to do for him for his birthday...but he was oh so wrong. I asked my mom and dad if they would be able to keep the kids over night from Sunday - Monday. They were able to which was great. So Sunday after we got family pictures done with my whole family (which we hadn't had done in almost 10 years.), we headed into Calgary. I reserved a hotel room at Wingate Inn, which I highly recommend to everyone. The room was huge. It was a big L shaped room with a kitchenette, table and chairs, desk, hide-a-bed, big chair and ottoman, King sized bed, and a bathroom the size of most bedrooms. There was a big jacuzzi tub and extra large shower, it was great. They had a bottle of wine and wine glasses in our room when we got there, and chocolate (how could you go wrong?). Also they had bathrobes for us to use, and all kinds of bubble bath, bath salts, etc. Anyways, I took Jon to Red Lobster for supper then we headed back to the hotel and played in the pool and hot tub. There was a crazy waterslide there that you couldn't help but go extremely fast down. We had a good evening. Monday we watched some T.V. in bed before we headed off to Chinook mall. We pretty much just wandered around the mall for awhile, did a bit of shopping, played a TON of arcade games and at 3:30pm we went to see the movie "The Guardian". I definitely recommend this movie. It was well worth watching in the theaters. After this we went to Jons parents house for a great supper, and that concluded Jon's birthday surprise. He enjoyed every minute of it. I have a wonderful husband, who loves me more than I could ever explain to anyone and I just hope that he knows that I love him just as much.

2 comments:
Aww, sounds like a great time. I'm planning on spoiling Steve this year too. Fun times. :)
Aww. that was nice of you, i got a little teary eyed at the end of your post.. the part where you talked about how much you love John! I guess i'm kinda a suck for love things!!It's Brad b-day at the end of the month. It gave me some good ideas. Oh and i'm glad to hear that the guardian was worth watching. Were planning on seeing it soon!
Post a Comment