Wednesday, January 02, 2008

How was everyone's Christmas?
Our Christmas was really good. We went to Manitoba for Christmas to spend it with Jon's extended family. All his Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins live in the Portage La Prairie area. It was fun. We stayed with his Uncle Arch and Auntie Dianne. Jon and the kids enjoyed playing in the snow (which was waist deep on the kids). They loved it, since we don't get snow like that out here. Jon built them a little fort, tossed them into the snow causing them to disappear in a puff of white and pulled them around on a GT snow racer. Jon also did a little bit of rabbit hunting :), sledding and quading.
It's nice to be home now though. We had a New Years eve party at our house, and enjoyed food and games until the wee hours of the morning.
What did you all do for your New Years?? And do you have any New Years resolutions?

3 comments:

Alison said...

Hey Abbigail! I did have a wonderful Christmas. My family is not all nearby anymore so I really do miss these times. We had no plans for the new year. I think I was asleep by 11. No big deal, we both were sick with a cold and we're not party people. No resolutions for me, they're depressing. As for winter and snow, I do like it, i think it's pretty, but I don't like driving in it anymore. I got in an accident the week before Christmas and now I am tense driving to work. I'm looking forward to spring again.
Anyways, take care. I see baby is due soon. I wish you God's blessings with it all. Are you going to be as brave as your sister with no drugs and such? I'm not sure I would be able to do it. Although women have been doing it for centuries so who knows.

Anonymous said...

Hey Abbey!

Christmas was long!!!! Havin family all living around is great, but it makes for a couple crazy days trying to get everyboyd in and do 'the rounds'. I talked to Jon a little Christmas Eve. He was on the way to the bathroom w/ brielle (sp) and she was just lookin around like 'dad, hurry this up'. She is like a little adult. I was gonna introduce myself, but with the hords of people there it just didn't happen! So whe are you due?!? Next month, right?!?! Have fun and good luck!

Kelly said...

Hi Babs, I left you a message on my blog...thanks for stopping by and seeing if there's anything new...because usually there isn't. Too many things to do and not enough time to write in a blog. I am waiting for a simpler life.