Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mmm....Food

After weeks of having a screaming child at EVERY meal. I decided today to give him some food of his own. I know it's a bit early (he's 5 and a bit months old, you're not supposed to start them on solids until 6 months). However, I'm tired of trying to settle him while my food gets cold. So, while I was at the grocery store this afternoon I picked up a couple boxes of rice cereal. I have just finished giving him his first large tbsp of cereal. He loved it!!!!! I couldn't shovel it in his mouth fast enough. I actually had to pin his arms down while I brought the spoon to his mouth because he kept grabbing the spoon frantically, thinking I wasn't doing it quick enough.
I'm hoping this will stop the meal time fits.......we'll find out tonight. :)

1 comment:

Hillaby Family said...

Adam was straving at about the same age, my grandma would say feed the "little" guy. Abbey, we have big boys, and trust me feeding them solid foods a little early no big deal!! Oh the fun is just beginning! Of course you are an old pro at feeding children.