


Our weekend started off with the Okotoks Parade. My sister Kelly came over at 10am and we walked downtown to meet Jen (my other sister), her daughter Hayden, and her in-laws. The parade went from 11-noon. The kids loved it. I enjoyed watching their faces as each float went by. If I could post a video I'd show you one I have of Hayden shaking her booty in the street as the Shrek float went by, and Brie punching the Karate instructor (as he fell dramatically to the ground) They were quite adorable. After the parade we went to the park where they had hot dogs, games, crafts, and face painting.
Later on in the evening (5pm), we met at the church for a Car Rally that our assosiate pastor and his wife put on for all the Young Adults. It was a BLAST (thanx Dan and Marlene). They sure put a LOT of work into it. Sorry, I have no pictures of it. We started at the church and had a clipboard with 6 pages of clues on it. We had to follow each clue...some of them were just directions and others we had to answer a question (ex. "What color are the TIPS of the blades on the windmill?"). It took us all through Okotoks AND South Calgary. We had a lot of fun. I was in a car with Adam, Jon and Leanne. Adam drove and was crazy!!!!!!!! I don't think there was ONE corner that he DIDN'T take sideways. We ended up at the Spence's house (some people from our church) and played games until late. It was great fun!
Sunday, as I'm sure you all know was Father's Day. After church we took my Dad and Jon out for lunch. We went to the Pheonix Grill in Calgary, a very good restaurant if you haven't been there before. Then at around 6pm My mom and Dad, Kelly, Leanne, Adam, Brad, Jen and Hayden all came over for pizza and icecream cake to celebrate Micah's first birthday.
We had a wonderful weekend. It was packed full of fun things for us to do, and thankfully it didn't rain on us...much.

2 comments:
Sounds like you had a great weekend Abbey....wish I could find a church that has activities for people mine and Ty's age with other couples...I'm finding that BC isn't very well churched....I'm hoping in time that we'll find a church home. Anyway, keep up the great blogging! Love ya all!
The Parade was so great! It made me want to cry with pure JOY, just watching my Hayden's excitement and the wonder and awe in her expression. What a great day!
Post a Comment