Monday, March 06, 2006

And let the week begin...


My weekend was very good. We had some friends over for lunch yesterday, it was really nice. We did a fondue lunch. We had a cheese and a broth fondue for the meal with 3 different kinds of meat and some veggies for dipping. For dessert we had a chocolate-caramel fondue and a white chocolate fondue, with strawberries, nectarines, brownies, grapes and cantalope for dipping. It all turned out really good.

I love fondues because you have to sit and visit while you're eating. It's not just an eat and run type of meal. We sat around the table until 5 o'clock visiting and dipping. It was a lot of fun and a great way to get to know some new people.

Jon and I have found it a little more difficult to make friends at this stage in our lives because we're a young couple but we have 2 kids already. Most of our friends are married but haven't yet begun having children, or are not yet married. It's a whole different thing when you have to find something to do that you can do with children too. We just don't really relate to most of our friends from years ago. Don't get me wrong they're still our friends and we love them, and love hanging out with them. It's just nice to get to know some people that are in the same boat as us (as we're finding it to be slightly uncommon).

Well, today's monday. The start to a VERY busy week. Jon's mom and dad have this week off, and his aunt and uncle are coming to visit this week. We have a girls day planned for Saturday, which I'm rather excited about. It'll be nice to get out for a day with the girls and not have to keep Micah with me. Well....speaking of Micah....my "mommy duties" are calling me. I need to go tend to my son. I hope you all have a good week, and hopefully I'll be able to steal a minute to write to you before the week is over. Enjoy this beautiful weather while you can, it's supposed to get cold again on Friday (snow on Thursday).

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Oooooo I wish I could take care of that adorable newphew of mine. Kisses for B and Micah pleeeease :) And give one to yourself as well...ha that attempt would be funny to watch. Love you Babs.

Kelly said...

newphew...hahaha nephew. I guess I am a little "w" happy.

Amanda Brown said...

Sounds like my kind of weekend! We are so lucky here in Summerland because there is a huge community of young families. A few years ago we were all just young and married, and now the babies are starting to pop out everywhere! It's fun. I am sure that as time goes on you'll be surrounded with more and more people you can relate to. :)

Dan Sudfeld said...

I have the funny feeling your dad would not eat what's on that picture. Next time you make a fondue, I'll take his portion of the strawberries. Yum!

Kelly said...

NOw it's about time you write another post...please!

Yummy Mommy said...

Hi Abbey, just wanted to see if my photo is on my comments like all you internet savvy girls!

Yummy Mommy said...

It worked, but it is hard to see when it is small like that. I may have to choose another photo. What do you think?

Abbey said...

No it's cute Jen...and Kelly, I'll do another one VERY soon! I just don't really have anything to write about.