Friday, March 17, 2006

Fears!


Brielle has this CRAZY fear of every type of insect known to man. Is this normal??? I don't even know how to deal with it sometimes. She gets absolutely hysterical. For example, the other night we were at Jon's parents house. As she was walking out of the office I watched her jump at least 3 feet, then she was screaming at the top of her lungs and bawling like I've NEVER seen her cry before. All because of the smallest centipede I've ever seen in my entire life. Then today she came upstairs shaking and crying because of a little black beetle no bigger than 2cm long. What a nut!!!
It drives us crazy. We're really trying to teach her that screaming is ONLY for when you're in some kind of trouble, not because you're scared. She's starting to get that. I don't want to become immune to hearing her screams. I have this fear that some day we'll be out somewhere and I'll hear her scream and think "oh it's probably just a spider". Then not be able to find her because someones taken her. Dramatic, I know!!! But she seriously screams way to much!
I know that she's just being a girl. I just wish there was something I could do or say that would change her reactions to these tiny critters.
Any advice anyone??? I'm more than willing to hear it.

No comments: