Monday, January 08, 2007

"Take Home Chef"



Tonight I went with my Mom and Kelly to a Women's Ministry event at the First Alliance Church in Calgary. It was pretty good. They did a kinda spoof of the TLC's "Take Home Chef". A chef (I forget his name) prepared a 4 course meal in front of us and then was auctioned off at the end. If your bid won he'd come to your house and prepare a meal for 2. Pretty cool. All the money from the bid is going to the Mustard Seed (A Shelter here in Calgary). I would have loved to have this Chef come to my house and prepare a meal for Jon and I...however the bidding went WAY beyond my budget for a meal. It went for......insert drum roll in your imagination as you read this.......Prepare your heart for this one......$1000.00. Crazy I know. But great as well. What a great donation for the mustard seed. Well, I'm off to bed. I have a rip roaring head ache. I'm a HUGE baby when it comes to getting head aches. I can actually count on one hand the amount of times that I've had a head ache. Which is why I'm such a big baby. I forget how much they hurt and just want to crawl into a comfy dark quiet hole and sleep the pounding, stabbing, acheyness away. I'm off to tend to my wounds...

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Dear me, I didn't know your headache was that serious. I hope you are feeling fine today.

Yes, I agree, last night was great fun...apart from the sick chai tea :(

OH and the chef's name was Stirling...a family name (Budd side) that's how I remember it.

Well see you on the weekend.

Love ya.

Over the Christmas break I seemed to forget how much I'm expected to speak as a teacher...phew...and for one who likes to talk too. It's almost more than I can handle, key word "almost" :) I'll get the hang of it soon!

Okay, bye for real.

It's like our phone conversations. We say bye four or five times before we actually hang up.

BYE!