Wednesday, March 21, 2007

What in the world!!!!

I woke up this morning to the sight of snow covering EVERYTHING!!! I'm not talking about a little bit of snow here people...you can't see the grass peeking through. Everything is completely covered in snow. I love Alberta weather. My reasons...
1. When we're having a nasty cold spell in the middle of the winter you can rely on the fact that it'll only last a week tops!!!
2. Unlike Somebody I think the sky is fascinating when a chinook is coming.
3. It's never boring. :)
4. You can count on the old saying "If you don't like the weather...wait 10 minutes."
5. I'm a warm weather lover...So for me, I love being able to have days in the winter when I can go outside without an entire snowsuit. A sweater does me just fine most days.
However, this morning almost made me forget about all of that and vow to never again say that I love Alberta weather. (I said ALMOST). I am so ready for spring, I'm finding it hard to appreciate the beauty of the snow that I woke up to this morning.
Oh, and I'll leave you with this little tidbit of news...Jon and I bought a house last night. I'm so excited...it's beautiful. Once we have possesion of it, you'll all have to come over for a bbq in our backyard...Ahhh...I'm going to have a backyard for the kids to play in. I'm so excited.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh Abbey I'm so excited for you! A house with a yard is such a great thing! You'll have to post pictures so I can see....won't be able to have a bbq with you...unless the kids and I can make it out this spring sometime. Talk to you soon!

Yummy Mommy said...

I drove by your new house yesterday. It looks really nice Abbey! Can't wait to come over and help organize. Ha ha.