It's an absolutely beautiful day outside today. It's supposed to be just as nice out tomorrow too. According to the weather station it went up to +20 today!
We went into Calgary so I could run a quick errand, and we visited Jon at the job site. (Yes, the crazy man is back at work! He only took the Thursday off after having a 1500lb wall fall on his back. I'm glad to say that he's planning on taking next week off though, he really needs the time to heal).
After saying hi to Jon and Adam at work we headed back into Okotoks and went to the campground park (which is a big park that the kids LOVE to play at, and it's right beside the river). They played for a while and then we ate a picnic lunch at the park. SUMMER IS ARRIVING!!! I love being able to spend the entire day outside with the kids. It makes the day go by a lot faster for one thing. It's also nice to get the fresh air and have the warm sun beating down on you. I hope you're all enjoying the warm weather as much as I am.
I'm thinking about planting a garden in the "front yard" of my condo/house. O.k. those of you that know me really well can STOP LAUGHING!!! I really DO want to have a garden. I don't know what makes me think that I'll be able to keep it alive, since I can barely keep my indoor cactus alive, but I DO want to have a pretty garden to take care of. We'll see if I actually do it though. I'm going to need some help since I have no idea where to start, or what would look nice, or what kind of flowers would grow where I want to plant them, etc. Obviously I have NO SIGNS of a green thumb, but we'll be working on that this spring/summer. I'll keep you updated on how it's going.

4 comments:
I know... it should prove to be interesting. I told Jon what I wanted to do and he was very supportive, until I asked for his help. No, I'm just kidding. I never asked for his help. Though it would be fun to see his reaction...hmm..maybe I'll try tonight.
You should ask Grandpa for some pointers...he's a great gardener!
I can't believe I'm not coming home for two months ;( I am unbelievably sad. Today was my last day of student teaching...and now I have a week off...but I'm stuck doing a pre-session assessment, honestly, who does that?
Okay enough venting. I'll see you when I'm all done!!!
I meant to type pre-session assignment hahahah
Kelly,
Hmmm....Jon has this whole week off. I wonder if he'd let me go to Edmonton to come and visit you! He could keep the kids. That would be fun!
He has a few things planned for this week, so I'll check with him and get back to you! It's this week you have off right? April 24-30?
Post a Comment