Monday, April 03, 2006

SABC Ladies Retreat

Well, we're back from the retreat. We had an awesome time! The speaker was Dr. Jean Barsness (I think that's how you spell her name). She was VERY good, she had some pretty amazing stories about how God's been evident in her life. I really enjoyed her. PLUS she worked at Briercrest when my mom and dad went to school there. My mom used to babysit her kids.
We had a lot of fun. Here are a few pictures from the weekend.

This one is Jen (my sister), my Mom, and Carey (a friend). I think we're waiting for lunch or something. It seems like they feed you every couple of hours. The food is always wonderful!!


This is what you see from the Lodge. Yes....everything is still brown here (for those of you from B.C. and south of us!), the Lake is still frozen too. It's was actually pretty nice out though. The mornings were a bit chilly, but by the afternoon it was quite nice. This picture was taken first thing in the morning.


Here's my Micah. He came with us (because I'm still nursing). He's an aspiring mountain climber. I can't wait until he can actually fit into a harness. It'll be fun to take the kids climbing.



Here's a picture of Micah and I. We climbed up the hill with a cross at the top to take a few pictures. Kelly carried Micah most of the way up the hill. I could hardly breath....I think I have my Dad's cold!

Here's the last picture that I'm going to post (for now). This is of me and my sisters standing at the bottom of the cross on the hill.

Okotoks E.F.C. is going to organize the Ladies Retreat for 2007, so you should ALL plan on coming. It's going to be GREAT fun. We already have a few ides, and I think it'll be good.

ALSO...

Happy Belated Birthday to Courtney Molyneux. She tuned 25 yesterday!!!!!

1 comment:

Amanda Brown said...

Sounds like such a great retreat! Glad you enjoyed yourself. Micah is such a cutie!! :)