This is going to be a bit of a 2 part thing. Don't worry, I'll post both parts now. But I'm going to tell my experience first. You'll see what I mean...just read on.Part 1
I started a new bible study last week. It's one by Beth Moore, called "Believing God". I'm really enjoying it. She's taking me through the bible on the topic of Faith. Yesterday while I was doing my study she gave an assignment. I was to write a letter to God asking him to test my faith, to strengthen it and to alter it where necessary. So I went about the assignment, praying the whole time I was writing that God would test my faith, that he would give me MORE faith, and that he would change what faith I did have to be the way he wants it to be.
1 HOUR LATER...
As I'm preparing supper, the kids are happily playing upstairs in Micah's bedroom. I had called Jon a little while ago and asked him if he'd possibly be able to come home a little earlier than he had planned. There was an aerobics thing at curves that I wanted to do and it started at 5:30. The phone rang at around 4:00/4:30, I glanced at the caller ID and saw Jon's cell phone number. So I clicked the on button and cheerfully said "Hello" assuming that he was on his way home from work already. When I heard his voice as he said "Hey babe" my heart dropped. I knew something was terribly wrong. "What's the matter?" I asked him. His reply was "Don't freak out" (not exactly what I wanted to hear) "I've been hurt at work. We're on the way to the hospital for x-rays. I think my back might be broken." I could hear his voice dripping with fear and pain. He asked me to pray. To ask God to heal his back, and to call his parents to do the same. I hung up the phone and started praying. I prayed for about 2 minutes then grabbed the phone to call his parents.... *break*
Have you ever read a christian book where the characters "hear" God? It's usually in bold or italic type and they describe it as a whisper across their heart. Sometimes they say it was audible and they call out "God? Was that you?". Well I experienced something like that!
*back to the story*
As I grabbed for the phone I "heard" God. It wasn't audible, but it was definitely God. The exact words that he whispered across my heart were "Do you have faith in Me?" I broke down. I thanked God for taking care of Jon, and said "YES Lord, of course I have faith in you."
What a lesson! God hears us!!! I prayed that he would test my faith, stretch it and alter it where needed and that's exactly what he did...1 hour after I prayed for him to do so.
Our prayers aren't always answered this fast, but God always answers our prayers, and gives us what we ask for if it's according to his will! Aren't you glad our God is SO GOOD!!!
OK I know you're dying to know what happened to Jon...
Part 2
Jon and Adam are framers (which most of you know by now). They were at work and had to stand a 2 storey wall up. They asked a few other guys from another crew to come and give them a hand to lift this wall. The wall slipped as they were lifting it. Adam ducked into a window as it fell, the wall clipped his shoulder but he made it into the window. There was another guy that also was in a window. Unfortunately for Jon the wall hit him in the head and across the back of the shoulders slamming him into the floor of the house. His butt hit the floor first and his head hit the floor in between his legs, the floor had folded him in half. Jon said that it was at this point that he heard 2 cracks coming from his back. The wall bounced back up, Jon rolled onto his side and the wall came crashing down on top of him again, this time landing across his chest. By the grace of God, his head wasn't crushed, it was the only part of him that went through a window. The other guys all picked the wall up and Jon rolled out from under it. He walked to the car and that is when he called me.
When they arrived at the hospital Jon was in tremendous pain. They got him on a back board, put a neck brace on him and brought him into emergency. By the time I got there he was outside the x-ray room waiting to get in for x-rays (still on the back board and with a neck brace on). Adam was also waiting for x-rays of his shoulder. They did a number of x-rays and had decided that it was safe to take him off the back board and take the neck brace off. The doctor went over the x-rays and found no breaks. He forced Jon into a sitting position (which was VERY painful for Jon). Jon showed him exactly where it was hurting which was mainly his lower back. The Dr. sent Jon back to x-rays because the first ones that they took weren't quite that low. Thankfully the second set of x-rays showed nothing broken as well. Needless to say, we're now home. Jon's doing o.k. He's VERY stiff and sore, but nothings broken thanks to God.
Well...Jon is living proof that there are miracles today. God is watching over us. He IS our protector and our comforter. I'm so thankful that he chose to protect Jon and not to take him home quite yet!
Thank-you to all of you that prayed for us yesterday. Also, thank-you so much to my Mom and Jen who took care of Brie and Micah. Thank-you everyone for your love and support.

3 comments:
Wow I'm glad Jon is okay! What an answer to prayer!
Praising God with you - for His goodness, for His protection and for His timely intervention.
What a frightening ordeal! So glad to hear Jon's safe and OK.
Post a Comment