Tuesday, April 11, 2006

"I think you are underestimating my sneakiness"



Micah is one sneaky child. Lately, if I put him down on the floor in the living room and go up to the kitchen, by the time I get there he's into the movie cupboard under the t.v. I have yet to figure out how he gets there so quickly because he doesn't move if I'm in the room. The cupboard is usually around 6-8 feet away from him. He gets there in a matter of seconds. I think he's scooting on his bum, but I'm not positive about that one. It's his new favorite thing to do though. He gets to the cupboard, opens it up and pulls out ALL the DVDs. What a sneaky little kid.

I think he's smarter than he's letting on. He just wants us all to think that he can't crawl so that we'll keep fetching things for him. As soon as he shows any interest in a toy out of his reach, Brielle is there to put it in his lap for him. In his mind..."why should I let on that I could get it for myself?" What a brat. :)

I can't get over how different Brie and Micah are. It blows my mind more and more every day! They were/are both VERY content, and like myself, they enjoy sitting back and watching people. But when it comes to developmental things, Brielle has left Micah in the dust on that one. By 10 months (which is how old Micah is now), Brie was walking around the room. As long as she could SEE what she was walking to, she was off. She'd walk from chair to chair, or along the wall, etc. Micah (as far as I've seen) hasn't even gotten off his little bum yet. Very amusing. God created us ALL so differently. I know that as soon as he starts getting around I'll be thinking "why can't you just stay where I put you!" But I love watching my children learn new things, and for Micah I think crawling/walking is next on his list.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I love hearing about the things my nieces and newphews are up to. Funny, sneaky stuff.

Please kiss them all for me.

Abbey said...

I will, and then tomorrow you can kiss them yourself. :)

Kelly said...

hope jon is okay. see you tomorrow night. i will pray for jon's back tonight.