Wow, it's been a pretty packed week. It flew by! Last week Jon took me into Calgary and bought me a shot gun (Ha,Ha...I know, it's like me buying him something for the kitchen). Although I have to say, we went out with some friends Sunday afternoon to do some skeet shooting and it was a lot of fun. I actually hit 90% of the skeet's. Fun stuff. For those of you that know a little about shotguns, the one he bought me is a Remington 8-70 Tactical Magnum. The stock is a Knoxx industries, spec ops stock. Which, more easily put, (or for people like me) it's a tough looking shotgun, it's green, you pump it to load it, and the stock on it soaks up 98% of the recoil so when you shoot it, it doesn't feel like someone is punching you in the shoulder like a normal shotgun does. I shot over 100 skeet's, and I could have done hundreds more, you all need to try it, it's fun. Jon also made me shoot slugs...now that hurt (again, for those of you like me...slugs are like bullets...not the slimy thing crawling on the ground.) It was really loud, and it felt like someone punched me in the shoulder as hard as they could. That was using my gun. I can't imagine shooting slugs out of a normal 12-gauge shotgun. Alright, enough about shooting...I'm serious about you all trying it though.
So, my girlie is home today. I haven't seen her yet. They went straight to Jon's parents house to sort through all the stuff and make sure that B comes home with everything she's supposed to. Apparently she's coming home with a TON of stuff. For those of you that didn't know, she was in MB for 10 days with Jon's mom. They stayed at Jon's grandma's house and visited with a lot of people. She had fun. She called us every night, which was nice. I'm glad that she's going to be home now though. I miss her...AND so does my little man. He's been following me around like a lost little puppy dog during the day. I don't think he knows what to do with himself when B's not around to keep him entertained. I did get some stuff done while she was away though. I painted the rest of my kitchen. Jon still needs to do all the cutting in, and then I want to do another coat, but it looks good. I like it. I also started sorting through a bunch of stuff. We're thinking about moving (again), so I want to sort through everything, get rid of a bunch of stuff and stick a bunch in storage. That way if we decide to list our house it'll be easier to keep tidy, and it'll look nicer.
Oh ya, I also went to visit a friend yesterday. She was a room-mate of mine at Bible school. She just had a baby boy in February. It was nice to sit and get a little more caught up with her, and to snuggle that little baby boy. He fell asleep in my arms and I held him for pretty close to 3 hours. It was wonderful. I don't think my little man was too keen on it though. As soon as I handed the baby back to his mom he put his head in my lap and kept hugging and kissing me. Anyways, that's all the update I have for you for now. Have a great weekend everyone. It's supposed to be +15 here on Saturday. I'm certainly looking forward to it.
Thursday, March 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey Abbey, nice post. I can't wait to see B. Our little work day on Saturday will be fun. Perhaps a short trip to the park or a walk would be nice too. See you then.
Hey Abbey,
I was wondering if you could give me your home address?
Post a Comment