Sunday, February 19, 2006

I'm slowly thawing out

O.k. it's not so cold now. It's still below zero, but It's back to where you can run out in a sweater if you're not going out for long. It still might seem cold to some of you, but I'm personally enjoying this weather. Not because it's cold but because it means that spring is on it's way. It makes me appreciate the warm weather of spring and summer all that much more.
Well, tomorrow is family day! Jon is going to be working. So it's just me and the kids. I've actually made a few plans that I'm kind of excited about. Jon's mom is going to be home tomorrow (she's always home Mon. & Tues. now with their new job). We are thinking about going out for lunch to "Tea and Time Emporium" ...if they're open... which they are, I had to call and find out. Then we're going to go see "8 below", without Micah of course. He's turned into to much of a screamer to bring anywhere that he might need to be quite. It's always happy screaming, but for some reason people don't like it Haha. Anyways, after that we were thinking of doing a little shopping. It'll be nice to get to be with Iris a little. Even though she's been home more lately, I haven't really gotten to spend any more time with her than I did before. It's just going to be nice to have a day to spend with her. I'm very blessed to have such a wonderful Mother-in-law (I don't even think of her that way, she's more like a friend or a mother #2). I watch shows like "Everybody Loves Raymond" and I just want to give her a big hug, and tell her how much I love her. She's very much the opposite to "Marie" on that show. Anyways, enough bragging about Iris. I hope that you all have a GREAT Family day. Make sure that you do something with your families, and let them know just how much they mean to you.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Wow what a cute picture! I still can't believe that you guys have not only one but two kids! Bye the way you both look exactly the same!

Amanda Brown said...

Great family picture. I LOVE little boys in sweater vests! You all look so happy and good.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you had a great family day. (I know how it turned out, I talked to Iris!) Actually, Iris isn't that great...I know I grew up with her! :) Could I ever tell you stories! All serious Abbey, you are very blessed to have a wonderful mother-in-law. It is a gift from God. You always encourage me every time I read your blog.