Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Lego...A kids toy? I think not!

When we were shopping yesterday B and her Nana picked something out for Micah. Much to my delight, it was Lego. I always loved Lego as a kid, and now I once again have a good excuse to play with it. So, after supper Jon took B for a bike ride to Leanne's house. Micah and I promptly sat on the living room floor and started building his Lego fire truck. It's great fun. The little thing is actually quite detailed, I was surprised. Lego has changed from when I was a little kid. It's a truck and trailer, both have working tailgates. The trailer has two little storage compartments that actually have stuff to go in them. The one side holds a little oxygen tank for the little fire fighter and the other side holds a block thing that helps the trailer stand level all on it's own. The trailer also has a saw, axe, light (just for looks), a spot to hang the fireman's mask and fire extinguisher and a fire hose on a little roll thing. The little fire truck comes equipped with a two-way radio and a hitch for the trailer. Micah loves it. He hasn't put it down since I finished building it for him, much to my dismay...although he's dropped it a few times so I've gotten to rebuild it for him. I think he needs more Lego :)...his birthday is June 15th everyone. Ha Ha.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He will get some real lego from Windsor then! No more hose monkey trucks. We will send up a mans vehicle--a police car. Out with the red, in with the blue!

Abbey said...

ha ha...you're crazy. Were your ears burning? We were talking about you last night with Ryan (he got here around supper time), are you enjoying the police force?

Leanne said...

abbey, i love the lego! how cute! and the pink stuff that b had... i love it. i really think we should buy a bucket of lego for ourselves.

Abbey said...

Sounds good to me! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, my ears were burning, and go figure, not one all american firefightin'hero around to put out the flames! Good thing God made Policeman...so firefighters could have heroes too.

But seriously, I am really enjoying my work. It's exciting, scary, busy, exciting, scary and so on and so on-- and thats just during one 10 hour shift.

Hope all is well way out there in God's country. Hope to see you soon, or atleast have Heather and the boys come see you. Send pics of the kids and your new place...sounds awesome.