Kelly,
Hey there, I'm sorry that I wasn't around to say good-bye to you yesterday. If I would have known that I wasn't going to see you, I would have said good-bye to you at church! Anyways, I can't believe that e-mail that you sent me. That is totally strange. I actually was able to read it just as fast as I would have been able to had it all been spelled correctly! I'll have to show it to Jon as well. GUESS WHAT HAPPENED TO ME TODAY!!! I was killing myself laughing, and thinking "Man Kelly needs to be here. She would think that this was really funny to, and then I'd have someone to laugh with instead of sitting here laughing all by myself". What happened was this... I dropped B off at mom and dad's today around noon, so I could do some grocery shopping. I didn't want to take B with me because she's REALLY cranky today, and keeps bursting into tears for no apparent reason. Then I headed off to Sobey's to get some groceries. When I was done there I thought it would be nice to wash my car, because it was FILTHY!!!!! So, off I went to Canadian Tire to get gas and purchase a car wash. I paid for my car wash, drove up to the door, punched in my code, and off I went to let the machines wash my car for me. WELL, the water started to spray at the front of my car and work it's way around. I was just patiently sitting there when I suddenly realized that I WAS GETTING WET AS WELL. I quickly grabbed for the handle to roll the drivers side window up thinking I had forgotten to after punching in my car wash code. To my utter confusion the window WAS up. I have no idea where the water was coming in from. I quickly looked over to the passenger side and realized that it was even WORSE, resulting in a soaking wet purse! I grabbed my purse and threw it into B's car seat in the back. As I sat there calmly waiting for the car wash to be over so that I could leave, as I could not drive out until the machines stopped. I heard a rushing water sound...not the normal sound of the water on the OUTSIDE of the vehicle. As I started to look around trying desperately to figure out where it was coming from...not that I could stop it from coming in anyways. I realized that it was pouring in through the hole in our door where the speakers normally are. Now that's pretty much when I lost it and could do nothing but laugh myself hysterically into tears, and wish that you were there to share in this crazy experience! Oh, and I'm not done yet. The washing part of the car wash was finally over, and now it was time for the dryers!!!! As I started heading out of the building the dryers blowing down HARD on my poor little car. I started thinking about the cracks in my windshield, wondering if they would be able to with stand the pressures of the dryers. All of a sudden I hear a thump, thump. The roof of my car was now closer to my head than it was a few seconds ago. Needless to say, I didn't stay under those dryers nearly long enough to let them dry my vehicle. Through tear clouded eyes I laughed my way to mom and dad's house to get Brielle. Once at home, I started unloading the groceries from the car and realized that one of the bags was a little wet, aparantly the water dripped in the trunk as well. Unfortunitally it was the ONLY bag with boxes in it. Every other bag had cans or bags in it. I started to unload the Kraft Dinner boxes from the wet bag and place them upside down on the counter so that the wet bottoms could dry. I picked up a box and pulled it out of the bag, as I did so the bottom burst open and dry kraft dinner noodles went flying all over the floor in the kitchen. What a day hey! I'm pleased to say that nothing has happened since then, hopefully my evening goes smoother that the beginning of my day. Well, Jon's looking to use the computer, so I'm going to have to get off. I'll talk to you again soon. Already miss you, and look forward to seeing you at easter.I hope my day is as much of a comic relief for you as it was for me. You should save this e-mail so that you can read it again for a
good laugh during stressful school days.
Love you lot's,
Abbey

I hope that you all enjoyed reading about my CRAZY car wash experience. Here's a picture of the kind of car I was driving (it wasn't this exact one though...I couldn't find a picture of our little car). However, it looked very similar to this. Just picture this car in the color red. Asides from the car wash experience, this was a VERY good little car.
Enjoy everyone!

4 comments:
Abbey....sounds like an interesting day! Glad to see that you kept your sense of humor about you...not sure I would have been able to do the same in your position. You're an inspiration to me...you're a great mom and friend. Thanks for the laugh.
LOL! Just look at the bright side... you only paid for a car wash, but you got a car wash, an interior wash and a shower all for one price.
LOL! Thanx Dan...I never really thought about it that way!
See you soon!
Post a Comment