Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Summer days

First of all....Kelly I know you just broke into song as you read my title (I know this because I did). Grease is the best movie.
Anyways, it is once again summer. I love summer weather more than I can ever say. I am going to be one of those old people that move to florida when they retire. I'll come back here for Christmas though, because I just can't imagine having a Christmas with no snow in site.
Ok, I went off topic once again...so the reason for my post, is that I'd love to get some ideas from you out there (Carol, I know you stop by once in awhile and I'm told that asides from your puffed wheat squares you're a mean cook...haha) so I'm looking for summer recipes. Jon works outside ALL day long and understandably is in no mood for hot food when he comes home. What am I going to do? I can't think of anything other than sandwiches for a good summer meal. Please Please Please help me out. I'm in desperate need of suggestions.
Thank-you in advance. :)

8 comments:

Anon E Mouse said...

Hi Abbey, have you checked out salads...there are so many different salads that can be used which make good nutritious meals.

KimberlyJoy said...

Oh Oo o Summer nights awella wella wella ugh...tell me more tell me more like does he have a car?

Counting the days? Yes, I am.
As well as cramming in the last units of the grade one curriculum.

Kelly said...

Opps. The above comment is from Kelly...not Kimmie Joy. I was using her desk top...??? Wierd.

Abbey said...

The grade one part had me wondering. :)

Anonymous said...

Along the pasta idea, how about pasta salad? Or just make your food an hour before Jon gets home and then it should be the right temperature for him!

Abbey said...

ha ha ha...good one Med.

Yummy Mommy said...

Make Pita's with lots of chicken, spinach, cucumbers, green onions, peppers, feta, and greek salad dressing. Oh great... now I am hungry. Thanks alot. I wonder if there are any Skittles around here. Did I ever tell you how much I love Skittles?

Julio, Heather, and Emma Frayjo said...

Hey Abbey,
Man it has been ages since talking with you. Sorry about that. I'll be back in Okotoks this upcoming week and will give you some yummy summer recipes then. Does Jon like Mexican food?
See you soon!
Heather